* As a Church, Four Quarters InterFaith is specifically exempt from ADA Service Dog statute. However, Four Quarters is extremely supportive of legitimate Service Dogs and their owners.
* Absolutely NO PETS of any kind are allowed at Four Quarters.
* Only DOGS qualify as Service Animals under Federal Law.
* Emotional Support Animals are not Service Dogs, and are not permitted at Four Quarters.
* Service Dogs at Four Quarters must be preregistered (at no charge) to attend an event at Four Quarters.
* Service Dogs in training are not Service Dogs under Federal Law and will be permitted on a case by case basis.
* Service Dogs at Four Quarters must wear a “Service Dog” labeled harness, we prefer that they are registered.
* The Service Dog must at all times be tethered to and/or in the full control of their owner unless engaged in the disability mitigation task for which they are trained.
* A Service Dog may never be handled by or tethered to a person other than their owner.
* The Service Dog must always be in “Full Stay” command position when not performing the service for which they have been trained.
* The Service Dog must be fully trained to urinate or defecate only under the control of their owner.
* We will ask, ” What work or task has this animal been trained to perform to mitigate your disability?”
* In order to be considered a “Service Dog” under U.S. federal law, a dog must be partnered with an individual with a disability AND perform specific, trained task work to mitigate that disability. Task work is not optional. If a dog doesn’t perform task work, it is not a Service Dog.
In closing, if your Service Animal is registered with a volunteer registry, wearing a marked Service Dog harness and fully trained; you will find our staff and attendees very supportive of your teams presence here at Four Quarters. Welcome!